Do you want to unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy M33? Here, you will find all the steps to get your phone bootloader unlocked. Follow this guide to the end and you are good to go.
What You Will Learn:
You might be thinking of why is the unlocking bootloader required? well, if you want to stay stick to the official stock ROM, then there is no need to unlock the bootloader. In the case of installing the custom ROM, unlocking the bootloader becomes compulsory.
OEMs made it obligatory to unlock the bootloader if you want to gain access to more customization with the help of custom ROMs.
Methods To Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M33
Before jumping into the unlock bootloader process, you should take a complete backup of your important data. (This process wipes all the data).
How To Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M33 using Download Mode?
Step 1: Turn OFF your Samsung Galaxy M33.
Step 2: Next, Boot your phone into Download mode.
Step 3: Now, press and hold the Volume UP button to see the bootloader unlock windows.
Step 4: To start the process, again press the Volume UP button to proceed with “YES”.
Step 5: After that, a warning message will appear regarding data loss, just avoid this by continuing the process.
Step 6: Wait for a while, once the process gets complete, your phone will reboot automatically.
That’s it, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy M33 using download mode.
You can also unlock the bootloader using ADB & fastboot commands. This method is a more recommended one. With the help of a few commands, you can get your job done.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M33 using ADB & Fastboot Commands?
Before executing the ADB & Fastboot commands, you might need to have a look at this:
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Samsung Galaxy M33.
- Download and install ADB & Fastboot drivers. [Windows] and [Mac]
Now, enable the USB Debugging and OEM unlock options in Developer Mode, here’s how you can do that:
- Go to “Settings -> About phone”. Tap on it several times until the developer option gets activated.
- Now, go to the “Settings->Additional settings->Developer option”. Once, you get into the developer option, just simply enable the “USB Debugging” and “OEM Unlock” options.
After being done with the above all, now you are all set to execute ADB & fastboot commands on your computer that will unlock the bootloader on your smartphone.
Step 1: Just power OFF your phone completely.
Step 2: Connect your phone to a computer.
Step 3: After that, you need to extract the downloaded ADB & fastboot file and enter it.
Step 4: Now, right-click anywhere in the empty space while holding the shift key and then select the “Command windows” or “Power shell” windows.
Step 5: Once you launch the Command Windows, now type and execute the following commands one by one.
adb devices (This will check whether your phone is connected to a computer or not)
adb reboot bootloader (This command will boot your phone into bootloader mode)
fastboot flashing unlock (This will unlock the bootloader on your phone)
fastboot reboot (This will reboot your phone successfully)
That’s it, above are the ADB & fastboot commands that can be used to successfully unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy M33.
How To Boot Samsung Galaxy M33 Into Download Mode?
- Press and hold the Power button until the Logo appears on the screen.
- Once, the logo appears Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to a computer or laptop using the original cable while entering into download mode.
- When a warning screen appears, release all the buttons and choose “OK” with the Volume UP button to continue.
Now your phone is in Download mode successfully!
How To Boot Samsung Galaxy M33 Into Fastboot Mode?
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the phone gets OFF completely.
- After when It shuts down, now while holding the Power button, release the Volume Down button and press the Volume Up button.
- Now, when you get into the Android Recovery Mode, simply select the “Reboot To Bootloader” option using the Volume Up/Down and Power buttons.
Now your phone is in Fastboot Mode!
Unlocking Bootloader is a bit tricky process where you need to keep some of the things in mind. first of all, you should take a complete backup of your important data. After that, follow the steps carefully to avoid any kind of damage.
Here, we have discussed two methods that are very easy to follow and you can successfully unlock the bootloader on your phone. These methods are as follows:
- Using Download Mode
- Using ADB & Fastboot Commands
What are the Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader?
- You can gain root access.
- You can flash custom ROMs.
- You can use custom recovery.
What are the Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader?
- It voids the phone warranty.
- It compromises system security.
- Performance could also be affected.
About Samsung Galaxy M33
The phone is equipped with 6.6 inches TFT LCD touchscreen display, providing a resolution of 1080 x 2408 pixels.
Moreover, It runs on Android 12 including One UI 4.1 powered by an Octa-Core processor. The internal memory of the phone includes 128 GB with 6/8 GB of RAM and also supports a micro-SD card.
The camera features a Quad 50MP + 5MP + 2MP + 2MP primary lens with LED flash including other features and 8MP secondary lens for selfies.
It comes in two variants Li-Ion 5000 mAh or Li-Ion 6000 mAh battery.